Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sip and Bite

In terms of diner/dives the Sip and Bite exemplifies what I think of when I think of a dive- counter and booth service, somewhat shabby interior, decent, inexpensive food.

I went on a Sunday, and it seemed pretty crowded with an after- church contingent. There was a short wait- there’s no real waiting area there, but it took a few minutes to be acknowledged by the staff and to get seated, which was somewhat annoying. Once seated at the counter (I was by myself) I took a look at the menu- pretty sparse, but covered all of the diner-breakfast basics.

I ordered the “steamed” eggs, which turned out to be poached eggs, with home fries, and rye toast. The eggs were poached well, and the home fries were solid, if a little underseasoned. My toast was delayed until the very end of my breakfast (not sure why) and was cold by the time it reached me.

The Sip and Bite is open 24 hours, and if I lived in Canton, I’m sure it would be a great place to hit at midnight after a movie, or after going out, but as a breakfast place, is just okay. The prices however, was more than just okay- very reasonable!

$
3 Stars

Sip and Bite
2200 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD

1 comment:

Andrea said...

love the write-ups. keep them coming. they are perfect to keep me from doing actual work. and also they make me hungry.

have you read/seen anything anthony bourdain has done? he's my lover.