Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pete's

Pete's is located on Greenmount Ave in Baltimore, a short walk from the Waverly Farmer's market, if you manage to make it there on Saturday. Julie and I did not, We went on a sunday, and due to schedule restrictions, and rumors that Pete's gets crazy busy later in the morning on the weekend, we made it an early one, and met there at 8:30.

The service was good, the food came fast and there is a good diversity of breakfast items on the menu, from omlettes to pancakes. There was a smattering of what looked like regulars taking up the seats( always a good sign). the entire place is counter- seating only. It started to get more crowded as we were getting ready to leave, So I'd definitely make this a place to go early for breakfast if you don't want to wait, especially on the weekend.


Coffee was good and strong, and refilled during the meal. I had 2 eggs, over easy, with home fries and scrapple, and rye toast. The eggs were cooked well- just runny enough to have some of the yolk merge with the eggs. The home fries were great- seasoned perfectly, and with a nice crust. The scrapple was thick cut, and good. Not as good as the Philadelphia/New Jersey scrapple, but definitely one of the better scrapple variations in Baltimore ( I am not ashamed for my love of scrapple. Really. I know it's going to kill me someday, but until then, so. delicious.)

JA had the same thing I did, except swapped the home fries with grits.


Pete's is good, solid diner breakfast, I'd like to go back to try their other offerings, the pancakes looked especially good.

Cost $
Stars 4 (out of five)

3130 Greenmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21218
(410) 467-7698

No comments: